Monday, May 24, 2010

Sweet and Rough Try #2

IMG_4803red patterned dress—Banana, retail days
studded denim jacket--Banana, retail days
big brown belt--Banana retail days, remixed often
gladiator platforms--Simply Vera, remixed
green earrings--10,000 Villages, remixed

Nothing too exciting going on here!  This is the second time in the last week that I’ve worn an outfit that I originally put together back in my retail days with new acquisitions courtesy of the generous employee discount.  In all honesty, I’ve been combining this dress & belt with strappy sandals and a blazer for years now!  And it was my second attempt at combining sweet and girly items with harder edge accessories, inspired by Jessica’s call for submissions.  It’s a much tougher challenge than I would have expected, given the available items in my closet.
IMG_4804IMG_4806
I had a great and busy day and felt like I hit every element of my life in some small way!  I had a great lunch with an inspiring professor, spent some time in the office prepping for commencement, did some census work, went for a sweaty 4-mile run, gave the dog a few good walks, worked with my new attempts at container gardening, tackled piles of laundry, and spent time on the phone negotiating some payment plans and finances in my get-out-of-debt-as-soon-as-possible plan.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics