Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Trouble with Capris

navy striped tank--American Eagle
beige cardigan--J.Crew
pink capris--Old Navy
brown wedges--Payless, remixed
shell necklace--handmade by a friend
earrings--American Eagle

What a week...I've been working and attending Census training every night this week from 5-9pm, so needless to say it's been a looonnggg one.  My work week is over and only two more days of [paid] Census training!  Plus, it's actually been kind of interesting and fun, even it means I haven't gotten ANYTHING else done this week (e.g. running, blogging...etc.).

It was also Day 3 of Operation Wear It or Lose It!  I went through about five outfits this morning and tossed several more things into the donation pile, including a mini trench and red pants (I know...why did it take this long??).  This pink capris were salvaged.  They're about seven years old and terribly faded, but I couldn't seme to get rid of them in previous years.  I have a real love-hate relationship with capri pants.  I'm short, with thicker legs, so ankle-length pants are not exactly my most flattering look.  I don't think they're flattering on most people, actually, unless they're just under the knee.  So, I cuffed these to make them a little shorter but I can accept the fact that they're still not super attractive.  As my husband said, "They can't all be home runs."

Thoughts on capri pants?  Can anyone under 5'8" pull them off well?

In reality, they would have gone into the "Lose It" pile, but I love the giant button on the fly.  I don't know why or what it is about this button, but it's big and playful and I love it.


I know it's only been three days, so I probably shouldn't make any large proclamations about this "experiment," but I've actually been a bit humbled to wear old stuff I never wear anymore.  It's shown me how much really is in my closet and that I can feel good in things that aren't brand new or super-of-the-moment (although I'd much rather be in the latter, honestly).  I only have a couple of things left on the list, but I plan to do this at the end of the summer as well before I pack everything away again.

OWIOLI Updates:
Items Worn: 5
Items Donated: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics