Sunday, April 18, 2010

Merging Winter & Summer...

white floral applique dress--Forever 21
long gray cardigan--NY&Co, remixed
blue double-buckle belt--Old Navy, remixed
gray diamond-print tights--American Eagle, remixed
riding boots--remixed (tired of these yet?)

I just wrote a whole post and somehow deleted it when I hit "publish." Clearly, I have yet to figure out exactly how Wordpress works to my best advantage. :(

Even though today is rainy and sub-55 degrees, I refuse to dig out my winter clothes now I've packed away most of my cold-weather closet. I'm also tired of waiting to wear my cute sundresses and summer clothes, so I decided to wear this sweet dress today and winter-ize it. It's pretty sheer, so I wanted a longer cardigan that would keep me warm and give me some coverage, as well as the tights. Obviously, I belt without abandon and wear these boots every day that it's not 75 degrees and sunny.

At first, I thought the combo of the airy dress with the heavier and darker sweater, tights & boots would seem like I was confused about what season it was, but I think it works. Plus, I was warm and comfortable for running around today and I really like how the sweater frames the pretty neckline and delicate buttons on the placket of the dress that might otherwise get lost in the babydoll shape. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics