Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer of Stripes

06.21.10  Making Like the Dog

This is what Guthrie (world’s greatest dog) and I have done so far this week.   It’s been crazy HOT in this second-story apartment with no a/c and it just zaps my energy and makes me rest in front of a fan immediately.  Plus I have a cold.  Who gets sick in the middle of summer?  Enough whining….seriously, how cute is she sleeping on her bed? Usually her head hangs off or the cats take up all of the space.

Oh…you’re here for clothes? :)  Well okay, then…

06.22.10  Professional

June 22, 2010

pink shadow-striped shirt--Limited, old
taupe pencil skirt--Limited, remixed
gladiator platforms--Simply Vera, remixed
blue beads--Target, remixed
white braided belt--American Eagle, remixed

Sorry for the awful quality of this photo—I didn’t take my photo until later that night when I was headed out to Whole Foods and even though it wasn’t quite dark outside yet, this is what I got.   I dressed a little more professionally for work yesterday since I had a parent of a prospective coming in and was supposed to help with interviews for a new position.  I like to try and look a little more grown-up and like I know what I’m doing when there are visitors. :)  My go-to professional outfit seems to be a button down and pencil skirt?  I like it.

Today was even more exciting.  Here’s a hint….

IMG_5207

Yep, I wore my new TOMS wedges for the first time!!  I am obsessed.  I’ve never had a pair of TOMS before and when I saw the new wedges, I was determined despite their steep price of $69.  They’re comfortable, they’re cute, and best of all, they donate a pair to a child in need for every pair you buy, as I’m sure you all know. 

So go get some!!

TOMS Wedges!!
TOMS!!

I’m not sure why these are blurry, but no matter—I’ll be wearing these often!

I did wear something besides shoes today…

06.23.10  Summer of Stripes

June 23, 2010

blue tank dress--TopShop
red striped wedges--TOMS <3
anchor necklace--Berk's, remixed
putty cardigan--J.Crew, remixed

I bought this dress on my one and only trip to the TopShop store in Soho last summer and it’s a funny story, as it’s actually (in theory) about three sizes too big.  The tag was mismarked, I guess, but I bought it in a hurry and can only really tell in the top (ie. no need to unzip it to put it on).  I also can’t imagine how short the skirt would be if it was a smaller size!!  Scandalous.

IMG_5205

I may have gone overboard with two sets of stripes and the anchor necklace, but I think it looks just nautical and summery enough.  I’m loving that stripes are such a trend this season as I seem to have a lot of them in my closet and they always look sharp with minimal effort.

Plus I had on my red, white, and blue for the USA World Cup victory!!!  Woo-hoo!!

06.23.10b 06.23.10c

1 comment:

  1. I love your nautical dress, it's so cute! I always seem to go 'overboard' with the nautical elements whenever i put on stripes.

    You and Gurthie definitely have the right idea, sometimes its just too darn hot to do anything!

    hope you feel better soon!!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics