Saturday, September 11, 2010

Jeans Weather

IMG00101-20100910-1659

September 10, 2010

white ruffle tank—Gap (new!)
green cardigan--Express, remixed
jeans--Joe's Provacateur via ebay, remixed
gold sandals--Madden Girl via ebay, remixed

Yay for jeans weather!  I feel like I haven’t worn denim all summer since it’s been so hot here.  It felt amazing to pull on a pair of soft jeans, a cute top, cardigan and sandals—so simple and classic!

I got this top at the Gap last week when I finally went to use my Groupon there.  I love it!  I originally went in wanting this skirt, but as much as I loved it, it did not love my body.  No matter!  I love the simplicity of a crisp white top and the ruffles are so pretty!  IMG00102-20100910-1700

IMG00106-20100910-1705

On a more somber note, many prayers and thoughts for those who lost someone in the attacks nine years ago today.  My husband was actually in NYC at the time (I, on the other hand, was studying abroad in France that semester in college)  and I’m always newly grateful that he’s with us today despite the sad fact of his friends that lost their lives that day.  My prayer is actually for a continued striving towards peace and justice in the world that works to educate and prevent the rhetoric that leads to terrorism in the first place.   The world is slowly becoming a better place thanks to people like Greg Mortenson and others who work for peace, justice, and education in Central Asia and beyond!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how long it has been already, and how many people have sadly forgotten what happened. I'm glad your husband was safe.
    www.noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new ruffle tank!! I've got my eye on that tulip skirt, but I haven't yet tried it on.

    It really is strange to think it's been nine years. It doesn't seem like that long ago I was sitting in math class when one of my classmates came in an announced what was going on, so the teacher turned on the tv and we watched the news. it was just hard to believe it was really happening.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics